These are the news starting 01 Jan 2018
Click here for the news of the previous years.
|11 Jan 18|| 1. Work on the "trends"
section finished. Some future editing is probable, as some datasets
for comparison (like Uccle's TOC at WOUDC) are still uncomplete.
2. A first quick comparison of the measurements of our new CAIRSENS Air Quality sensor and the old ozone sensor shows a quite satisfying correlation.
|04 Jan 18||Work on the "trends" section has started. 7 parameters out of 13 have been updated. This is not a fast and quick automatically done procedure, but remains tedious work, so be patient waiting for the final update.|
|03 Jan 18|| Installation of the new
CAIRSENS O3&NO2 mini-sensor (09:30)
This electrochemical (amperometric) sensor measures the combined O3 and NO2 concentration, which we call AQ (for Air Quality). The new measurements are on channel 16 (the former NOx channel). Channel 17 (former NO) should be ignored!
Using this sensor is sort of an experience. Only time will tell if it lives up to its promises (no calibration needed, minimal maintenance, acceptable precision).
The graphs of today will be a bit messy!
The purchase of the new sensor has been financed by our sponsor AALCD (Amicale des Anciens du Lycée Classique Diekirch).
|02 Jan 18|| Upload into data archive of :
1. yearly Excel file with 2017 measurements and elementary statistics : 2017_only.xls
2. summary Excel file with statistics 1998-2017: meteoLCDstats_1998_2017.xls
3. Corrected/edited the "monthlys" worksheet of the 2016_only.xls file.
4. NOx/NO2 sensor from Environnement SA (AC31M) definitively shut off.
This is the end of our traditional atmospheric gas measurements using big and expensive equipement. The O341M sensor for ground ozone will continue for a couple of weeks to allow comparison with the new equipment, before also going into retirement!
|01 Jan 18|| 1. The usual dogs-dinner in the 7days plot due to Gnuplot
problems with handling previous and new year (the logger files do
not contain the year number). This will be self
healing in the the next 7 days.
2. Upload dec17.dat and 2017.zip (= all 2017 .dat files concatenated with headers, and zipped) into data archive.